Our Timeline and Processes
Enrolling on Medicare and then evaluating and enrolling on your plans for the first time is a daunting process. And you are inundated from all around with information you have no idea if you need or not. You feel overwhelmed and wonder how anyone does this. Truth is you are not alone. I find that even the most analytical among us have questions and common difficulties at this time. Seems like if you make the wrong decision it could have far reaching consequences and that is not what you want right now!
That is why we are here to help. We will guide you through this process and help you understand Medicare and the choices surrounding it.
This is a general guideline of the process to help you have smooth transition. It is not set in concrete, things change and life happens. We can make it work almost always and if not, give you options. We look forward to helping you. :-)
2 to 3 months or more prior to enrollment:
- Contact KMT Consulting for introduction and to discuss your plans.
- Send back any forms we have sent.
- Enroll in Part B and/or Part A. (We will advise with this process)
- Once forms have been returned, we will set a meeting time to go over the results of the review
During the meeting we will go over:
- The basics of Medicare - all the A, B, C and D's.
- Both Supplemental with Stand Alone Drug plans and Advantage plans with built in Drug Plans that meet your needs.
1 month prior to enrollment:
- You want to have your decision made and enrollment forms to us at least 10 days prior to the effective date if at all possible.
- Verify your Social Security Enrollment and number.
- Once the insurance company receives your paperwork, they will contact you within 7 to 10 days to verify your enrollment into the plan.
- You will have identification cards and your welcome letter it within two weeks of signing up.
During the year:
- Answer questions.
- Direct you to resources as needed.
- Meet with you regarding other plans we offer.