How it starts – 2 to 3 months prior to Medicare Enrollment
- It starts with a phone call for introduction and I collect some basic information about you.
- After the call, I email forms to be completed and sent back to me. The “Information Request” is a form that helps me find the right plans for you. The “Scope of Appointment” form shows the Centers for Medicare Services (CMS) that you gave me permission to show you plans.
- Once forms have been received, we make an appointment to go over the plans.
- I complete review and we meet to discuss options.
During appointment we will discuss:
- The basics of Medicare – all the A, B, C and D’s.
- Both Supplement/Medigap and Advantage and prescription drug plan options that meet your needs.
- Try to have your decision made by the 18th of the month before your effective date.
- Have enrollment forms completed and returned by at least the 20th prior to the first of the month effective date.
All carriers are required to contact you and provide your documents within 14 days of your acceptance into the plan. Most carriers strive to make the initial contact within 5 to 7 days.
- Once the insurance companies receive your paperwork, they send a verification letter of receipt of application(s). Some will follow up with a phone call.
- Next you will receive a welcome letter and member ID cards.
- After that, your plan guide, with full details of coverage, will be delivered to you.
During the year:
- I am available to answer questions and help if you move or experience other life changes/events.
- I will help during the Annual Enrollment Period each year to re-evaluate your plans for the upcoming year.
- We can look at other types of insurance to Supplement your current and future life needs.
I do not charge a for my services as Medicare does not allow for us to do that. We are paid by the carriers, in commission, for the plans we sell. And your premium is the same whether you use an agent or not. All carriers pay essentially the same amount so that we are not incentivized to sell one plan over another. The goal is to make sure you have the best plans that are suited for you.